Friday, August 14, 2009

Explosions in the sky




As most of you know, I'm quite a fan of 'inspirational movies' and somehow good inspirational movies from the US is always based upon football. You have Remember The Titans as the benchmark and then you have Friday Night Lights the movie which was then made into a series which is not doing so good now (but the quality of the series is just as good and I don't see why its lacking behind). Anyway, the movie introduced me to EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY - a post-rock band from Texas.

They don't need words to express things. They just play it. From the moment I heard the 'friday night lights song' over and above The Coach giving out his speech during half time I was hooked(do you realise that sometimes coaches in movies are the best speakers ;p). After listening to some of their songs, I'm totally in love. Their songs are like novels, you can feel like a story is being told and better - you're the narrator. You get to choose how and what you want the song to be like since it's just good music all the way. I would recommend these albums as a must listen to, especially when you're studying and you need music to keep you alive yet not to the extend of distracting you. My favourite song so far would be 'Your Hand in Mine' . My vocab sucks, so I can't really explain to you what the music sounds like but can only explain what it meant to me. Cheers!

Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Live Forever

The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im going to give them a try, but only mostly because i can =p

hope your friend (from the previous post) is doing well.

Nabster said...

Yeah, they're pretty good.I've got all of their songs so far including the ones from the old albums.I like Day One till Day Eight :)

They remind me of M83 cause it's non-lyrical but very good music nonetheless.Check them out if you like :)