Sunday, September 21, 2008
Everything that I've been eyeing either isn't maxi enough i.e. a tad too short, or caters only for those with "too small" or "too big" a bust.
I'm starting to feel like they have something against me. Or maybe it's just the 20 or so shops that I've been to. Sigh.
Nonetheless, I managed to buy this gorgeous emerald green summer dress from ishka this evening and I'm really happy with it! Considering the weather in Melbourne is still very much in the winter-cum-spring zone, I think I'd give it another month or so before I can wear it. I guess the beach would have to wait.
Anyways, can't believe September is almost over now and October's on its way - gosh it'll be such a hectic month and by that, I mean raya celebrations, the Seminar Pembangunan Ihsan (something like that) with Dr. Mahathir (yup,the big old man's coming to town) then there's Malam Gemilang on the 12th Oct which will be on the same day my aunt's visiting me (especially looking forward to this). Then of course there's my birthday on the 19th (I'm afraid I'm not gonna be all modest about it...LOL) then there's also exam preps and whatnots. I hope it'll be a good month ahead! Amin to that.
Oooh did I mention that I'm on a 2-week break right now? One word: HEAVEN. Just what I need after a not much sought-after first half of the semester. But I suppose I cant complain much cause so far things aren't that bad, academic-wise. I got a H1 for my cost management mid-sem test (yeay) but on the other hand, sucked badly in ACE (Accounting for Corporate Entities). So bad that I thought I was gonna fail the test so I'm really thankful that I didn't! But that's not an excuse for my shitty result so I really have to start putting more effort into ACE.
Anyways, I've got so many things that are bugging me right now. My mind is in such a mess and not in its best state yet since these last few days. In fact, I'm quite surprised at how NORMAL I seem to be blogging. I do not and will not mention it here but I'm thankful to have this blog as a leverage for me to vent out some stuffs that people consider to be so trivial yet so significant and important to me (like the maxi dress that doesn't fit me, for example). That's the only way I know on how to help me deal with a bad day - writing. It helps me focus on other parts of my life and the more trivial it is, the more I tend to take things around me lightly and with a sense of humor. Maybe that's why I'm a sucker for stupid sites like perezhilton.com or online shopping like e-bay or gojane.com (girls, you HAVE to check out the shoes!!!! It's bloody nice and filthy cheap). It helps me shift my attention from the problems that I have, even if it's temporary. It works for me...
Hrmphhh I'm sleepy as ever hsjfhfhsgdfhsdgfhgsdhfgs....so sleepy that I can't type right. Heh.
Will update some other time. Until then, later!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
2) I can be totally self-absorbed for 4 whole days and then lose it the next second. I was so engrossed in my work that I completely didn't think about Daniel and now I'm missing him like a fat boy misses his treats on a strict diet regime. I've made a point only to see him occasionally throughout Ramadhan and by that, I mean just dropping by at the restaurant to say hello. It's been 5 full days and I find that it's bearable but sometimes, I can't help but miss him a lot :(
3) I didn't celebrate merdeka in ANY way. Slept the whole day after a long night-out. Now I feel like a lousy good-for-nothing Malaysian citizen. I've definitely lost my social independence this time around. I can count how many times I've been out with my friends this semester and trust me, it doesn't even require me to lift my other hand in doing so.
4) I'm so proud of my sister, I know she's working hard and most importantly, trying her best and giving it her all. That's all that counts, Sarah.
5) I miss Bazaar ramadhan - I especially miss bubur lambuk and taufu fa - my puasa necessities.
6) I've got 3 mid-sem tests next week - Cost Management & MFI on Tuesday (yes, TWO papers in ONE day) and ACE on Thursday, which accounts for 20% and 30% of my overall assessment. I've studied quite a fair bit but there's still HEAPS more to go. Hope I do well in all three. Wish me well, people : )
7) I'm addicted to the tuscan olives + sundried tomatoes they sell at the deli section in safeway. I wish I had a backyard full of olives and tomatoes. I've also tried the char-grilled mushroom and grilled eggplants with herbs. Yes I know, I'm a sucker for antipastos.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Guru Oh Guru
Berburu ke padang datar
Dapat rusa belang kaki
Berguru kepala ajar
Ibarat bunga kembang tak jadi
Dialah pemberi paling setia
Tiap akar ilmu miliknya
Pelita dan lampu segala
Untuk manusia sebelum jadi dewasa.
Dialah ibu dialah bapa juga sahabat
Alur kesetiaan mengalirkan nasihat
Pemimpin yang ditauliahkan segala umat
Seribu tahun katanya menjadi hikmat.
Jika hari ini seorang Perdana Menteri berkuasa
Jika hari ini seorang Raja menaiki takhta
Jika hari ini seorang Presiden sebuah negara
Jika hari ini seorang ulama yang mulia
Jika hari ini seorang peguam menang bicara
Jika hari ini seorang penulis terkemuka
Jika hari ini siapa sahaja menjadi dewasa;
Sejarahnya dimulakan oleh seorang guru biasa
Dengan lembut sabarnya mengajar tulis-baca.
Di mana-mana dia berdiri di muka muridnya
Di sebuah sekolah mewah di Ibu Kota
Di bangunan tua sekolah Hulu Terengganu
Dia adalah guru mewakili seribu buku;
Semakin terpencil duduknya di ceruk desa
Semakin bererti tugasnya kepada negara.
Jadilah apa pun pada akhir kehidupanmu, guruku
Budi yang diapungkan di dulangi ilmu
Panggilan keramat "cikgu" kekal terpahat
Menjadi kenangan ke akhir hayat.
-Usman Awang, 1979