Sunday, April 12, 2009

Finally

I never had a superhero. The way a kid look up to Captain America or Superman. I wish I felt that way about Spiderman, but I never did. Even if I did, the feeling doesn't last long enough. Once X-Men is shown on TV, I kept moving between Gambit and Cyclops. I never idolized Wonder Women or any female superheroes for that matter, I still don't understand how you can go on fighting crime with wearing that teeny - bit of cloth on your body without getting you sliced up by the bad guys. That's why I like Jubilee and even Storm (notice the liking for X-Men characters?). I know I respect Billy the Blue Ranger as not only he's a Power Ranger, but he's smart! Did I mention I also adore Sailor Mercury from Sailormoon and wish that they would put more emphasize on her character but then again, I don't want to be anyone of them.

I never had idols or role models except the Prophet p.b.u.h, and I believe that history and what we can see up till now , there's no such leader that is wise as him, who can influence the world like him and yet still manage to maintain the respect of both his followers, enemies and those who knew him.

Yet I never had a someone that I look up to, that I want to be like that is still living! It all changed when I was in high school. I can't remember the exact time - it maybe when I was in f3 or even f5. All I can safely say here is that there was this dude that started from scratch, continues to hold on to his passion - despite what people say, and the result is now res ipsa loquitor. Many people come and go but there's no one that fascinates me more than him. It feels exciting just by reading on how he progresses through his career. It maybe due to the kind of passion that I have in life and how it's quite the same with what he's doing, or he's just one of those few people that has the power of inspiring others to achieve greatness.

I believe that he's the closest thing to Superman for me now - even when he never actually rescues anyone. And I couldn't be more happy to have a chat with him today, finally. Yes people... I feel like a kid who just met Superman or his favourite hero for the 1st time and I very much like this feeling, this feeling of being inspired.

I wouldn't trade this feeling for anything else in the world! Not even an iPhone.

No comments: